Thursday, October 16, 2014

Plum Crazy



I went Plum Crazy making Plum Jam this year, 
 My Favorite Jam
 My Recipe has no Pectin and No Peeling 
I had an abundance of Plums on my trees



Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups chopped Ripe Plums
1 cup Sugar
1 1/2 tblsp Lemon Juice

Directions:

To clean the Plums, I put them in a Clean Sink or Large Bowl of water
Slice Plums in half and remove the pits
Chop the rest of the Plum pieces in a Food Processor or Food Chopper
Mix the Plums, Sugar and Lemon Juice in a deep pan
Cook over medium heat, stir often, if Plums appear too thick, add 2 tblsp of water.
When it starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until Plums appear soft.
Stir occasionally to prevent sticking, 
Cook approx. 20 mins, until mixture is thick
Test for the jell stage.

Pour into Hot Sterilized Jars. Process Jars 8-10 minutes in boiling water bath.






So fortunate to have these Plum trees on my property
I discovered them while walking in the woods, a few yrs. ago.
The birds must have carried their seeds there a long time ago;
from my neighbours' plum trees.


Thanks to Carol and Ann for helping with the jam;
and Peter and Jimmy for picking the plums.
(visitors at the right time)
¯`✻´¯)
...;¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ϡ₡ღ.¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ϡ₡ღ....
thanks for visiting my blog.

all pics are my sole original property.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.